One of my favorite quotes:

No success can compensate for failure in the home.

Friday, May 2, 2008

To you from AF

I am not so good at updating this blog. We don't have alot going on, or else I don't bring the camera so not much fun there.

So I finally made it back down to good old AF, my hometown. It is so amazing how much I miss this place (I know, it is only 2 hours away), I always feel so comfortable here. The reason for my visit today is for Ann Andrews wedding!!! Ann was Megan (my sis) best friend growing up. She came along to most of our family vacations for the last 15 years or so. For a while she really was part of the family. She looked amazing in her dress and all of the pictures she had out were so dang cute. I was able to see people I haven't seen in a while. A lot of my neighbors growing up. The Andrews family, Brenda and Jozette Judd, Kristi and Kevin Krommenhoek. All of Meg's HS friends (hi Jayni). It was great! I forget how much I like being in a city that I actually know people.

I really wasn't planning on staying overnight, but as it usually turns me and the kids are staying. I have to work at 9am so we will be leaving pretty dang early to make sure I get to work on time. I think the Dr that is working will not stay too long, so that will be nice, hopefully I get off by 12 noon, that would be pretty nice.

Also tomorrow by BIL Brady is graduating from Utah State University!!! Yeah for him!! Now only 7 years left. WOW! He and Julie (Clay's sis) are moving back to Ohio for med school. He is planning on being a podiatrist (feet). He has worked so hard for this, and we are so excited for him, but not happy they are leaving us. :( We are having a little dinner afterwards and I am bringing my moms famous mint brownies.

My moms brownies are the BEST!!! You have never had a better mint brownie EVER! Because I was coming down for the wedding, I asked her if she would help me make them as I have never attempted them on my own, my mom is the best she already had the brownie part made and then when we got back from the wedding, she frosted, froze, frosted them for me. So I did not even have to do anything. She is the greatest. Really I think she knows that I really can't bake, and there is a little trick to the frosting part. So they are ready to go, she covered them for me and now sitting on top the microwave for me to take them in the morning. She will not even get to taste the result of her labors.

As I am typing, my dad is making fun of me for having a blog, he is not technical at all. Just a few months ago he finally got a email addresss. Now he and his high school friend Terry can send eachother stuff. Yipee!! My dad is so funny! He still does not have a cell phone, he just figures that if he wants to talk to them, he will call them. He doesn't think anyone should be able to call him if he is not home. I always think of an emergency situation, and what would happen. Thank goodness my brother Randy, and my BIL Andy have them (they work with him). Just in case right?!

So it is late, and as usual when I am with my fam, we don't go to bed at least until midnight. I love it! At my house I am the only one that stays up late. Clay is usually in bed snoring by 10pm. Ha Ha! I tease him so bad, he really is like a grandpa. So I have to get to bed, I am getting up in 6 hours. I hope I don't fall asleep at the wheel. Bye for now!

2 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

next time tell us when you are here and maybe we could all get together! Sounds like it was so fun though!

Connie said...

Troy wants some of your brownies! Just reading about them made me jealous! No seriously, every time we come home to visit, I know Troy feels the same nostalgic feeling that you get! I love being able to check up with you and the family this way.