One of my favorite quotes:

No success can compensate for failure in the home.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Finally updating the blog!

Halloween 2008
10/31/2008

So I am finally updating the blog! This is for you Julie and Annilee since I have been telling you I would do it for months now. Sorry! I have no idea how people can do this daily. I get on thinking that I will update, first I go through emails, about 30 or so daily, then I start checking my favorite blogs to get my daily fill and to feel like I know what is going on in everyones lives, then hours later (seriously, hours!) I look down at that little clock at the bottom of my screen and it says numbers like 12:30 am, or 1:45am then I think that if I am going to get the kids up on time and not be so onry in the morning that I should probably get to bed, so I shut down the computer without updating my own blog, then shut down the house, check the kids, and finally about 30 minutes later get into bed. I do this daily! So for those who even care to read, I will try to do more photos than words, because I don't really want to type much. I hope I can get this to work the first time or I will get very pissed and probably not try again for a month or so. Ha! Ha!
So someone please tell me how I get the pics to come after the enrty. Tell me if I do this wrong, but I write first, then I put the curser down a few lines, then I go in to get the pics, then when I go to see thm, they appear before the post. This makes it harder for me to do several updated blog posts at a time. PLEASE HELP!! tell me what I am doing wrong, because everyone else seems to know how to do this. This is what makes me mad!!

Okay I figured it out with Clays help, what a head ache, he selected it, then did a drag up to the top. There has to be another way that is easier than that. There is no cut and paste? What?! I know that sounded easy as I said that, but I tried it before he came and it did not work for me. He has that kind of effect on technology, it instantly likes to work for him after I try it, for hours sometimes, but only about 10 minutes today. Anyway, if there is an easier way please let me know.


This is Griffin showing me what a skunk does best.

He is just so freaking cute! The tail on the skunk wiggled when he walked, it was so adorable, the costume fit his personality perfectly! The butt says " Little Stinker".


Justice is a pirate, he was so pissed because I made him have a goatie, eventually, after I told him that real pirates have them, he liked it and was not so mad at me. His favorite part of the costume was the sword, although it is not in the pic here because he was hitting us all with it.


Kaila was a witch. This costume was sewn by Grandma LuAnn about 20 years ago. I bought a dang cute witch costume that had a lot of colors, but she did not want to wear it because "witches wear black mom". So LuAnn dug out this one she had in the basement and she loved it. It was black, and it had a cape! We ended up without the green makeup, because I thought it looked funny, I have to mention that it is what Clay told me to do, like the the witch on Wizard of Oz, I even bought red lipstick although you really can't tell here because it had worn off, and she hated it. Of course, because that is Kaila for you!

Justice got this eye patch and teeth from Grandma LuAnn, he loved them! This was at the very end of the night so the makeup had well worn off.


Isn't she the scariest witch you have ever seen? This is one of her faces that she pulls often.

How can you resist this face? He really is not that cooperative with pictures, I had to stand on my pip-toes and aim over his head to get this, but what a cheese!

This picture is of all the Jensen side grandkids. Tessa is Dorothy holding her little pup Todo, Jake is Iron Man holding Justice's sword, Justice is a pirate, Jaycee is Snow White with her costume falling off, Cheyenne is a Barbie witch with a little mini skirt, and Kaila also a witch dressed in black. They all were so cute!

1 comments:

The Mallory's said...

They all look so cute! I wish we could have been there. I think that skunk costume is so funny. That is perfect for Griff. I am surprised that you got that green face paint on Kaila at all. I thought she would kick and scream like when I try to do her hair:o)