One of my favorite quotes:

No success can compensate for failure in the home.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Salt Flats

Salt Flats 10-18-2008

We went to the Salt Flats with Grandpa Todd and Grandma Lu, and our little family. It is always so fun! We thought it would be fun for Justice to ride his motorcycle where he didn't have to worry about running into anything. He is getting pretty good! He really likes to ride it and all summer has been riding it with Clay or I on the back to help with balance as he is doing the throttle. Uncle Tony and Jake let us borrow some training wheels (thank you!) so that he could learn to ride by himself. I think he was ready to try, but then we realized that we forgot the foot pegs (whoops), but Justice didn't mind. I love it so much that he likes to ride motorcycles. I hope that he continues to enjoy it because I have big plans for him, I am kidding, sort of. Ha! Ha! No really he tells me that when he grows up he wants to be a motorcycle rider and a swim diver. That is music to my ears.

We are very lucky to have kids that let us haul them around. We enjoy riding so much that it would really suck if our kids didn't like it. We have had four wheelers around since Kaila was born, and now with motorcycles, I feel very fortunate that my kids love it as much as I do. I seriously could ride everyday/all day and camp everyday as long as I got a shower every once and a while (thank goodness for the toyhauler)!

Justice checking in after being out on a ride. I just love how cute he looks in his gear!

Taking off for a ride. He did let Kaila ride it since we had misplaced the key to her fourwheeler and could not bring it. Kaila is getting pretty good as well, but I think she likes the fourwheeler a litte bit more. Griffin also likes to be taken for rides, he climbs up it and begs and waits until someone will take him for his turn.

Griff in the back seat of the rhino. Always a smile on his face when he is riding, oh how I love it!

Kaila with her big piece of salt. The salt is so thick that we had to chip at it to get a few pieces off. Thanks to Grandma Lu's example, they even tasted it. YUMMY!!

Here is Justice with his piece. He is also showing me how strong he is. Can't you just see those muscles bulging out of his shirt?



Griff woke up from his nap he was taking while I was driving. He was wondering what everyone was doing by the water. He also wanted to go and walk in it.

Justice showing me his muddy hands. He did try to wipe them all over me until I told him that if he did he would die.

Playing by the waters edge with Grandpa Todd.

Have to have little pit stops to have a treat. Justice loves to ride on the back of Grandpa because he goes so fast. However, Grandma gives him a run for his money on her Rancher.

Clay would seriously kill me if he knew I put this on here. Please do not tell!! He is just hitting a small jump here, but he has a lot of fun.

And lastly, this is me on Clay's motorcycle. I can barely reach the ground with my tip-toes, but that won't stop me from having fun on it. He still owes me my own, so I had to make sure that this one wasn't going to work. I think I may get one just a little smaller. This one has so much power, it is such a blast to ride! I LOVE it!!!

0 comments: