One of my favorite quotes:

No success can compensate for failure in the home.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Pumpkin Patch 10-17-2008

Usually we just get a pumpkin from the store and go home to carve it, but this year we mixed it up a little bit. On the way out to Smithfield, there was this pumpkin patch on the side of the highway where you could pick a pumpkin off of a trailer, or you could go walk through and find your own. The kids decided that they wanted to pick there own, so we ventured out into the field. Kaila and Justice had a lot of fun finding the perfect pumpkin. They were all kind of smaller so I told them they could pick 2 or 3. Griff takes a nap alot when we drive and this day was not exception. He did not want to wake up but I made him, so he was pretty onry and did not want pictures. He had an okay time finding a pumpkin, until he stepped in a little rutt and fell down. Then it was down hill after that. I still wanted to get pics of Kaila and Justice, Griff wanted to be held, all the crying, people looking at us, etc.. Not as I pictured, but turned out okay I guess.

Kaila's perfect pumpkin!
Hauling another one back to the pile.
Justice thought that this one was perfect until I told him to turn it around and look at the green on the backside. He put it down and off he went on his search.

Griffin crying, again! Believe it or not, this is the best picture of him. He was sick of me still trying to take pictures of him while he was wanting me to pick him up. What a bad mom I am.

The other kids didn't care he was crying, they kept on looking! They ended up telling me that they wanted to look for a pumpkin patch every year because it was more fun looking for the perfect one from the patch than just picking one out of a box. I think next year we will just make sure that no one is waken up from a nap!

Then we went home to decorate them ...

Now usually we would carve them, but we found these cute Mr. Pumpkin Head things instead. I told them that because we didn't want them to freeze and then get all mushy like last year, that we would just buy these things and then when it got closer to Halloween we could carve them. They ended up liking these a lot and decided to keep them and not carve this year. I was okay with that, no mess this year!!! I think they turned out pretty dang cute, better than I could have carved them that is for dang sure. So, I think that we will keep them and hope that they want to do it again next year.

As you can see, Griff got a little happier when we got home and he was able to make funny faces into the pumpkins. They were so proud of their creations.
Justice by his favorite one he decorated.

Griff sitting by the 2 he decorated.

Kaila with her favorite one she did.

0 comments: